Damoy Point



 Damoy Point Hut

Note: Damoy Point Hut // //

  NEXT RANDOM ARTICLE  

   

Damoy Point

Damoy Point is a headland 900 metres (980 yd) west-northwest of Flag Point, the northern entrance point to the harbour of Port Lockroy, on the western side of Wiencke Island in the Palmer Archipelago of Antarctica. It was discovered and named by the French Antarctic Expedition, 1903–05, under Jean-Baptiste Charcot.

Historic site

Damoy Point Hut: A well-preserved hut containing scientific equipment and other artifacts stands at the point. It was built in 1973 and used for several years as a British summer air facility and transit station for scientific personnel. It was last occupied in 1993. It has been designated a Historic Site or Monument (HSM 84), following a proposal by the United Kingdom to the Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting.




This article is issued from Wikipedia. The original article may be a bit shortened or modified. Some links may have been modified. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.

  NEXT RANDOM ARTICLE  

   

 

 

on1click07-20
GB
AKIAIEDTQ3WTK7DNKUAA